Olaf’s Guild Hall is the oldest and most festive hall of the House of Blackheads in terms of its architecture. Olaf’s grand hall built in 1419–1422 with two naves and a rare ceiling with High Gothic stellar vaults is considered to be one of the most brilliant architectural masterpieces in Tallinn. Individuals who worked in so-called small occupations in the Middle Ages assembled in the Guild of St. Olaf, representing both Estonian and Scandinavian members. The patron saint of this guild was King Olaf II Haraldson of Norway. The original layout of the room dates from the outset of the 15th century. The room was comprehensively restored in the latter half of the 18th century, and it was last rearranged by the Brotherhood of Blackheads in 1921–1922. The hall’s current overall appearance also dates from that period. Dark stained wooden panels made especially for this hall at the A. M. Luther furniture factory, that was located in Tallinn, cover the hall’s walls. Two dark blue neo-Renaissance style stoves (made to special order in Turku) decorated with embossed rose tiles are situated opposite the hall’s northern wall. Twelve-lamp chandeliers ordered from Berlin adorn the ceiling. Olaf’s Hall – the crown jewel of Tallinn’s gothic architecture – is considered one of the chamber halls with the best acoustics in the entire city.


Concert capacity: 100 seats
Buffet capacity: 90 people
Fourchette capacity: 180 people